Coronavirus update-as at 20 March 2020
As at 1.00pm the Ministry of Health advise that there are 39 cases in NZ and todate all have been linked to overseas travel.
Updates from us:
1. Our reception team will be asking you for the reason for your appointment when you phone to book. This helps us with our preparations to ensure we keep you, other patients, and our team safe. While we appreciate some matters may be sensitive we ask you to please answer their question if you can.
2. Our reception team are now protected by a screen and barrier to maintain a safe physical distance. Please don’t be alarmed by this precaution.
3. A reminder... PLEASE do not just come down without phoning us first. Walk in patients increase the risk to us all.
4. Another reminder.... PLEASE take notice of our signs and clean your hands as you enter.
5. If you are requesting a prescription of your regular medications please have the pharmacy name, street address and fax number handy as we are now faxing most prescriptions to minimise the need for you to come into the practice.
6. There is a new dedicated website for Coronavirus info. It is www. covid19.govt.nz
As we head into the weekend which is usually a time for socialising, shopping etc we encourage you to:
* be aware of the Government’s guidelines for group gatherings;
* keep safely in contact with friends and family as this is a time when many may feel lonely and isolated - pick up the phone for a chat etc;
* shop normally to help our supermarkets etc maintain their supply chains; and
* be kind to each other.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented times.
The team at NMC
Coronavirus update - as at 10 March 2020
There are now 5 confirmed cases in NZ, though none as yet are in Wellington. We have placed some precautions in place for the protection of our patients and team.
Please clean your hands with the hand sanitiser provided as you enter the practice.
Please DO NOT come into the practice if you think you may be at risk of having the virus. Please phone Healthline 0800-358-5453 for advice. If they direct you to us please make sure you phone first and tell out team member of your symptoms. We may then ask you to come down BUT wait in your car so that we can safely assess you.
Coronavirus - as at10 Feb 2020
There is now a national freephone number dedicated to Coronavirus information and health advice. Interpreters are available if needed. It is 0800-358-5453.
Coronavirus – as at 3 Feb 2020
The Ministry of Health website advises that:
• There are no confirmed cases of 2019 Coronavirus in New Zealand to date but the likelihood of importing a case is high.
• The risk of an ongoing outbreak in New Zealand remains low, but the Ministry of Health is monitoring the situation closely.
If you have recently travelled to China, or been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed case of Coronavirus (nCoV), and you have flu-like symptoms such as a fever or acute respiratory illness please follow these precautions:
• Phone the medical centre in the first instance and ask to speak with a nurse who will assess your symptoms.
• If we need to see you at the medical centre we may ask you to wait in your car and we will assess you there before bringing you into the building.
• Please use the masks and hand gel which are located immediately inside the front entrance doors.
For further information please go to:
Thank you for helping us keep our patients and team members safe.