Coronavirus update - 10 Feb 2020
There is now a national freephone number dedicated to Coronavirus information and health advice. Interpreters are available if needed. It is 0800-358-5453.
Coronavirus – as at 3 Feb 2020
The Ministry of Health website advises that:
• There are no confirmed cases of 2019 Coronavirus in New Zealand to date but the likelihood of importing a case is high.
• The risk of an ongoing outbreak in New Zealand remains low, but the Ministry of Health is monitoring the situation closely.
If you have recently travelled to China, or been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed case of Coronavirus (nCoV), and you have flu-like symptoms such as a fever or acute respiratory illness please follow these precautions:
• Phone the medical centre in the first instance and ask to speak with a nurse who will assess your symptoms.
• If we need to see you at the medical centre we may ask you to wait in your car and we will assess you there before bringing you into the building.
• Please use the masks and hand gel which are located immediately inside the front entrance doors.
For further information please go to:
Thank you for helping us keep our patients and team members safe.