Covid-19 Alert Level 3 at Newlands Medical Centre
As we move to alert Level 3 tomorrow (Wed 1 Sept 2021) here are just a few reminders of what this looks like at NMC:
- Where appropriate virtual appointments are our first option for providing you with medical care under Level 3 restrictions. If you do not need to be physically examined please ask our team to book you in for a virtual appointment with your GP. Normal consultation fees apply.
- In person appointments are available but requests are first assessed by a GP or nurse. They will call you back and talk through your symptoms to determine the best option.
- The ability to book appointments via the patient portal (ManageMyHealth) is currently disabled due to the need for you to be assessed first.
- Our doors will remain on controlled entry and you will be asked questions to ensure that you are not unwell.
- Our respiratory clinics continue where we see unwell patients.
- At entry all patients are required to scan in via the Covid Tracer QR code or sign in. All patients are required to wear a face covering.
- Covid-19 vaccination clinics are continuing. Please arrive on time for your appointment (but not too early) to help us maintain physical distancing requirements in our waiting areas. If you need to cancel or change your vaccination appointment PLEASE call us to let us know so that we can offer the vaccine appointment to another patient.
Thank you for your co-operation and kindness.
the team at NMC