Level 2 (Delta) at NMC
As we move down through alert levels we are able to provide an increasing number of services to patients. However, the health and safety of our team and patients remains our priority so in line with government guidance and directions, some restrictions remain in place and may be a little different to previous time at Level 2.
- Our doors will remain on controlled entry.
- Our preference is still to provide some care virtually if it suits your needs. Standard consultation fees apply.
- Bookings via ManageMyHealth will be reactivated. If booking a virtual appointment please note “phone consult” in the “Reason” field.
- For in-person appointments you will be asked screening questions at the time of booking and again at the door upon arrival. Please be honest with us regarding any symptoms so that we can safely see you in the appropriate area of the practice.
- You will need to sanitise your hands upon entering and wear a face covering while in the medical centre.
- You will need to either scan in using the QR code poster or sign in via the Contact Tracing register.
- Physical distancing of 2m in the waiting room means that our capacity is less. Please arrive on time, but not too early, for your appointment or we may have to ask you to return to your car to wait until your appointment time.
- Routine screening appointment, such as cervical smears, will restart.
- Immunisation programmes will be continued.
- Contactless payment is preferred. Eftpos, credit card, and internet banking are available.
We also ask that you remain kind to our team. We appreciate that everyone is feeling the pressure that the recent lockdown has brought on but our team work hard to provide our patients with excellent care and do not deserve to be spoken to or treated poorly.
Thank you for your continuing consideration and kindness.