Flu vaccines available 1st April 2023
For the best protection get your flu vaccination before winter.
We will be running flu vaccination clinics most weekdays, and on some Saturday mornings. Our first clinic will be Saturday 1st April 2023.
Yearly flu vaccines are free for:
* Pregnant people
* People aged 65 years and over
* Maori and Pacific people aged 55 years and over
* People who have a long-term medical condition like diabetes, asthma, heart condition or auto immune disease
* People aged under 65 years with serious mental health or addiction conditions
* Children aged 6 months to 12 years (inclusive)
The cost for a flu vaccine, if you are not in these groups, is $35.00.
NB: Patients aged over 65yrs are able to request an alternative to the funded vaccine, Fluad Quad, which is $45.00.
The Ministry of Health is also encouraging people to get their Covid-19 bivalent booster at the same time as their flu vaccine.
To book an appointment for your flu vaccine, or to have a nurse call you back regarding your eligibility, please call 04 478 9858 – please do not call on a Monday.